Thursday, January 30, 2014

Socializing gives positive vibes

Went to a wine-tasting fundraiser for the women's programming of my church this evening. Met a few new people, and chatted with friends and reconnected with former colleagues I hadn't seen in a while. It was fun, not only from a socializing standpoint, but as a budding author.

I guess I should do these things more often because people are so excited to know I'm writing and that I've published books. Most people think it's soooo cool! Even though few readers know my books exist, when I talk to people they are encouraging and impressed!
I had to put this in writing so that on those days when I'm not selling books, and I'm feeling discouraged, I can remember that others want me to succeed and are supportive. Knowing that other people think I'm doing something worthy of excitement and celebration really helps me keep going.

I listened to a webinar on self-publishing all day today, and heard loud and clear how hard this is, and how much time and dedication it takes. Following that up by being around so much positive encouragement was inspiring. Okay, maybe I can get that next book done!

No comments:

Post a Comment