Friday, January 24, 2014

Time to get the photos under control


For the first time ever – in the 23 years since I’ve had kids – I’m seriously behind in my photo albums. Both of my kids have stuffed-until-bulging baby albums. When they started school, I began annual albums, and they both have an album for every year. Until now. The boy kid doesn’t like me to take pictures as much. It’s apparently embarrassing to have a mother who wields a camera in pubic. So . . . I stopped.
Now it’s his senior year of high school. And guess what? He has a total of maybe five photos in his senior album. I hate that!  There are other reasons, of course. He’s an athlete, and it’s really hard to take good photos from a distance. He’s also a debater. No parents ever go to debate tournaments, so no photos exist. I have never seen the kid debate!

I used to be more involved in the PTA and school functions. Used to constantly volunteer for something. But I’m not at the school very often anymore. Still, there was homecoming, and summer vacation, and college visits, and Christmas.
Since my son’s been in high school, I’ve launched a new career. I'm busier. Have to say, my writing gets in the way of my scrapbooking.

And then, there’s Costco. This, I believe, is the biggest reason I’m behind in my albums. There isn’t one close to my house. Every time I go, there’s an issue with their machine. The place is always crazy busy. Unfortunately, it is the cheapest place to have prints made.
But as I look ahead to spring break, and lots of pictures, I’m reminded that I still haven’t done anything with last year’s spring break pictures. If I wait any longer, that puts me a whole year behind, and that begins to sound overwhelming. I’m going to have to set aside some time to deal with this. And though I dread it, I think I’m looking at a trip to Costco in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment