Monday, January 20, 2014

Girls weekend . . . fun times to treasure

Ah, it's the last day of my girls weekend at home with my daughter. Dad and the boy kid are off skiing. Of course, we'll be glad to have them back, but it's been a fun -- and too quick -- few days. We've done a lot of eating out. We've watched several movies, both at home and in the theater. We've munched on cookies and popcorn and chocolate. Turns out we're quite compatible in these things.
We've spent quality time together, and also apart, each retreating with our laptops for a few hours.

She's given me valuable feedback on some of my works in progress. I haven't done a lot of writing, but I've done some reading. Was able to finish my book club read for the month, and completely read back through my newly finished romance novel.

Even though we've been at home, it's been like a mini retreat. Staying up late, sleeping in (a little). Being on our own schedule has been nice. Reality will hit tomorrow. And we'll have home issues to deal with, laundry, taxes and FAFSA to get done, and activities to schedule. And in a couple of weeks, she'll be gone again. These little weekends will become less frequent as she moves away, goes back to school and launches her career. I think this one will stick in my mind . . . fun times to treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment