Saturday, December 7, 2013

A Little Christmas Excerpt

Christmas is in the air! So far, I've attended a holiday concert, bought all the ingredients for starting on sugar cookies, bought gifts, and got the tree! In honor of the season, thought I'd share a short Christmas excerpt from my sweet contemporary romance, Meetings of Chance. Merry, merry!

When Julie opened the oven door, Megan caught a sharp whiff of cinnamon. “Mmm, that smells wonderful,” Megan said. “What’s in there?”
Tom turned back to them. “Mom’s famous pumpkin pie. A Christmas tradition.”

Hands on his hips, he looked around. “So, Mom, speaking of traditions, where’s the mistletoe?” Tom demanded. “The one year I could use some mistletoe and you don’t have any?”
“Sorry. Guess I forgot that little detail.”
Tom’s dad turned from the television. “Kiss her anyway, son. It’s all right.”
“If you insist.”

Before Megan could object, Tom took her hand, pulled her off the bar stool, and twirled her around. Dipping her backward as if they were dancing, he planted a firm kiss on her lips. Then he grabbed his mother, and swung her around, too.
“My two favorite ladies . . .”
Julie laughed, patting down her hair. “My goodness. What’s gotten into you?”
He grinned at her, and spun Megan again, whispering in her ear, “I’m in love.”

No comments:

Post a Comment