Monday, February 6, 2012

Life gets in the way

ERG! I wanted to spend the day on my current work in progress, to hang out with my characters in their world and fine tune their scenes and experiences. Instead, I've spent all day fighting City Hall!
It's so annoying how often life pushes in and prevents me from doing the things I want to do! Collecting the mail every day is almost frightening. As it was this weekend. The Saturday mail arrived with the notice of a plan to take the property easement in our front yard and turn it into a bike trail. Seriously. A huge slab of asphalt through our yard. Can you imagine how lovely that would be?
So, I've spent the entire day tracking down neighbors and phone numbers and emails and contacting consultants and commissioners and city officials.
And not one single word has been written, added or plucked from my manuscript. Sigh. It's enough to make me want to hide away in a hole and ignore the rest of the world on a long-term basis!

No comments:

Post a Comment