Monday, March 28, 2011

Good news!

And now for a bit of good news . . . I was notified over the weekend that I made it through the first-round judging of a writing contest I entered a couple of months ago! The flash-fiction contest is sponsored quarterly by Women on Writing. I entered two pieces, a middle-grade coming-of-age-type story, and a snipet from my current work in progress, which is a women's novel with romantic elements.
At a maximum count of 750 words, both entries are very short.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure which one is moving on to final judging. But I'm excited for the chance to get my writing in front of agent Elaine Spencer from The Knight Agency. She handles both of those kinds of writing.

It seems that I'm getting just enough little positive tidbits to keep me from trashing everything and giving up on the whole writing/publishing endeavor. Guess I'll take that as a sign to keep plugging away!

No comments:

Post a Comment