Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Critique Group

A critique group! I finally have one – and it's working very well.
Just three people, all serious about getting published, meeting once a week.

The good news is that we seem to be clicking, each of us making progress, and enjoying the process. So far the comments have been valuable, their input helping me see where my manuscript is dragging, what needs cutting or expanding, etc. And so far I don't think anyone's had their feelings hurt. :-)
The bad news is that even though I've almost accomplished my goal of hitting 80,000 words by the end of the month, I still have a lot of work to do! Lots of re-writing and re-thinking. In the end, though, it will be a stronger, more compelling story.

It wasn't easy pulling this together. Had a couple of false starts. Worked with one gal who just couldn't move along as fast as I wanted to. Was invited to join another group, but they rarely met and they read only a few pages at a time – and out loud. I hate that. So finally, I think I have something that's working!
Can't wait to toast success with these ladies. I'm confident we'll each get there eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment