Friday, January 28, 2011

Good News/Bad News

I took another baby step this week toward my goal of becoming a published author. I was notified that I got my official RWA designation as a PRO. That's the good news. It means I'm recognized as a professional writer, someone who's out there pounding the pavement, so to speak (more like getting lost in cyberspace), to actively get something published. It also means that I can attend PRO-only workshops and events at conferences.
The bad news is that it means I've received at least one rejection letter to prove that I'm actually out there trying to sell something. I guess the other good news is that it also proves I have at least finished a manuscript. And that, in itself, is a very big step. A friend in my writing group told me that 99 percent of all author wannabees never actually finish a book!

No comments:

Post a Comment